— web developer / entrepreneur from
— a web app to manage employee work schedules and time off.
- Squid: A Ruby library to plot charts in PDF files.
- Overpass: Open source font inspired by overpass signs. Sponsored by Red Hat.
- Recently: Subscription service that turns your photos into a monthly magazine.
- Upcase: Training + mentorship with Thoughtbot for $29/month.
- Proxy.app: Web interception proxy app for Mac OS X.
- ModelAttribute: Attributes for non-ActiveRecord models with dirty tracking.
- Minigrid: Small, zero dependency cascading grid layout.
- Tropos: Phrase based weather conditions for iOS, by thoughtbot.
- Get BEM: Block Element Modifier methodology description.
- Directus: A customer-friendly database GUI/CMS.
- Redsmin: SaaS for monitoring and administering Redis.
- Flatmarket: A free, open source e-commerce platform for static websites.
- DirectLinks: Safari extension that circumvents Google and Facebook link tracking.
- Black Screen: A modern terminal emulator based on Electron.
- Thimble: Online code editor by Mozilla.
- Saffron: A simple Sass mixin library for animations and transitions.
- CSS3 Animation Cheat Sheet: A set of plug-and-play animations using pre-made CSS classes.
- capybara-screenshot: Automatically captures a screenshot when a Capybara scenario fails.
- Broken7: Montreal-inspired blonde beer brewed in Griffintown.
- Amazon Web Services in Plain English: Description of AWS services with plain English descriptions.
- prkng: Mobile app to help park your car and avoid tickets.
- GitHub Jobs: Job board for technologists by GitHub.
- VoteNote: App about Canada’s 2015 federal election.
- Napa: A simple Ruby framework for building APIs with Grape.
- Flexbox Cheatsheet: A decision tree-based cheatsheet for CSS Flexbox.
- Camaleon CMS: A content management system based on Ruby on Rails 4.
- Purify: Content blocker for Safari on iOS.
- Notion: Web-based collaborative document editor.
- Peace: Block web ads and privacy-invading trackers on iOS, by Marco Arment.
- Alternote: Note-taking app for OS X with Evernote integration.
- Decontaminator: Ruby HTML sanitizer.
- Penflip: Revision control for writers.
- sshync: Auto-sync files and directories over SSH.
- Awesome Rails Gem: A collection of awesome Ruby Gems for Rails development.
- DataFilter: An extensible Ruby DSL for filtering data sets.
- LICEcap: Capture an area of your desktop and save as animated GIF.
- Surf Office: Combination accommodation, co-working and surf destinations.
- U.S. Web Design Standards: Open source UI components and visual style guide for U.S. government websites.
- Glowforge: 3D laser printer.
- Otto: Automatic development environment + automated deployment.
- Patterns — Responsive Web Design: A series of patterns for RWD.
- Contentful: A SaaS, API-based CMS.
- Serial: A lightweight serialization library for Ruby.
- Skarp: A laser-powered razor.
- Reportr: Track events in your life using an API.
- clipboard.js: Copy text to clipboard programatically.
This is a personal site. Commercial solicitations for links in the Monthly Mentions section will be ignored. Please don't waste your time (and mine). Thank you.