— web developer / entrepreneur from
— a web app to manage employee work schedules and time off.
- rdoc-generator-mdoc: An experimental mdoc(7) generator for RDoc. Built by Thoughtbot.
- Virtus: Gem that extends ruby objects with attributes that require data-type coercions.
- Asciidoctor: A Ruby publishing toolkit for converting AsciiDoc to HTML, DocBook & more.
- The Bike Shed: A bi-weekly podcast discussing Thoughtbot’s experiences in web development.
- The Internet Arcade: A web-based library of over 900 arcade video games from the 1970s to the 1990s.
- RemoteIE: Run the MSIE on Windows 10 from a remote client app. By Microsoft.
- Continuity Keypad: Dial telephone numbers from your OS X Desktop. Requires OS X 10.10 and iOS 8.
- Semantic UI: HTML/CSS UI components.
- ATC Ripley: Hand-drawn script typeface by the Avondale Type Co.
- Exposure: Platform to create beautiful photo narratives that can be viewed on any device.
- Joli Originals: Premium handmade Italian leather sleeves and accessories. Made in Amsterdam.
- Simple Desk: Rotating space saving stand for an iMac.
- The complete Sherlock Holmes: Download all the original Sherlock Holmes stories for free.
- Griffin Camp: A startup accelerator for tech companies, located in Griffintown.
- Calcbot: An advanced calculator and unit converter for OS X. Made by Tapbots.
- ReadMe.io: SaaS for developer documentation.
- Whiskey: Markdown app for OS X & iOS.
- Vagrant Manager: Manage your Vagrant machines from the menubar in OS X.
- Roadie: Ruby gem that inlines stylesheets and converts relative URLs when sending HTML emails.
- Twitter Emoji (Twemoji): Twitter open sources its collection of 872 emojis for anybody to use.
- unshort.me: Unshorten any URL. API service also available.
- View Source: iOS app & Safari extension for viewing web page source code.
- Deregister and Turn Off iMessage: Bug fix if you switched away from iPhone and are no longer receiving SMS messages.
- High Voltage: Rails engine for static pages.
- csstyle: New approach for writing modular CSS. Implemented using preprocessor mixins.
- Derailed Benchmarks: Benchmarks for Ruby on Rails apps.
- Baldface: Resort with 32,000 acres of backcountry snowcat skiing and boarding. Nelson, BC.
- StartUp Podcast: An honest, transparent account about starting a business.
- Local Time: Rails engine for cache-friendly, client-side local time. Built by Basecamp.
- Flashlight: Extends OS X Spotlight with new features.
- WhereToWatch.com: MPAA service to find where your favourite movies and TV shows are playing.
- Purplecoat.js: Create labeled overlays that can be triggered with a click.
- SlimerJS: A scriptable browser for web developers using Gecko.
- Bowery: Service to set up, manage and share cloud-based development environments. Runs on AWS.
- Getting Git Right: Git tutorials and articles from Atlassian.
- Getty Images Stream for Mac: Discover compelling, continually updated photos from Getty Images.
- Komments: A developer-friendly commenting widget. By Hashrocket.
- Desk: Blogging client for OS X.
- Let's Encrypt: A free, automated, and open certificate authority.
- Shoestring: A lightweight, modular DOM framework. By the Filament Group.
- RubyGems.org: The Ruby community’s gem hosting service. Great redesign by DockYard.
- Rack::Tracker: A rack middleware that adds tracking code for multiple tracking/analytics services.
- Musées de Montréal: App with info about 38 Montreal Museums.
- Maxitest: MiniTest with improvements.
- Curly: Ruby template language & presenters that separate structure and logic.
- Scribble: A customer-safe Ruby templating language similar to Liquid.
- Style Guides: Website style guide resources.
- Amazon Zocalo: A managed storage and sharing service with strong administrative controls and feedback capabilities.
- Assembly: Collaborative platform for building software products with revenue sharing.
- Laroux.js: A lightweight jQuery substitute.
- Statista: Statistics portal for market data, research and studies.
- Radiolab: Podcast about curiosity.
- Lining.js: Style individual lines in HTML elements.
- Budnitz Bicycles: Beautiful titanium and steel city bikes. Made in Burlington, Vermont.
- Withoomph: Online logo design & creation.
- Capybara::SlowFinderErrors: Raises an error when you use a capybara finder and it times out.
- Clean Ruby: Book by Jim Gay teaches how to write clean and straightforward code using OOP and DCI.
- SimonSays: Simple, declarative, role-based access control system for Ruby.
- Storytime: A Rails 4+ CMS and blogging engine, with a core focus on content.
- Sentry: SaaS to track exceptions with modern error logging. Works with many languages.
- This American Life: Popular podcast based on a different theme each week.
- Planet Money: NPR podcast about finance and money.
- Oga: An XML/HTML parser for Ruby.
- Tock: A comprehensive toolbox built to change the way restaurants create and manage bookings.
- Bespoke.js: DIY presentation micro-framework.
This is a personal site. Commercial solicitations for links in the Monthly Mentions section will be ignored. Please don't waste your time (and mine). Thank you.