— web developer / entrepreneur from
— a web app to manage employee work schedules and time off.
- Flight: An event-driven web framework, from Twitter.
- Toolbar.js: A jQuery plugin that creates tooltip style toolbars.
- UserAgent: A Ruby library that parses and compares HTTP user agents.
- invoiceto.me: Create a free PDF invoice online.
- Hi-DPI Media Query: A CSS media query that captures almost all high DPI aware devices.
- alias.sh: Manage your shell aliases in the cloud.
- NanoLight: An energy efficient LED lightbulb; developed by 3 UofT graduates.
- Personalitee: T-shirts with photos of persons who have a story to tell (or are celebrities).
- Stately: A symbol font to create a map of the United States using only HTML and CSS.
- Discourse: Open source discussion platform. Built with Rails and Ember.js.
- Mongoid::Shell: Create mongo CLI commands from the Mongoid configuration.
- Shelly Cloud: Platform for hosting your Ruby and Rails apps.
- Ry's Objective-C Tutorial: Online tutorial to learn the Objective-C programming language.
- Conditionizr: Detects front-end environments and conditionally loads assets.
- SlidesJS: A responsive slideshow plug-in for jQuery.
- Flipper: Ruby gem to enable or disable application features. By John Nunemaker.
- SassMe: Visualize Sass color functions in real-time without compiling.
- Skeptick: A Ruby DSL for building and running ImageMagick commands.
- jQuery.payment: Build credit card forms, validate inputs, and format numbers. By Stripe.
- Are My Sites Up?: SaaS for website monitoring.
- Grape: A micro-framework for creating REST APIs in Ruby.
- Ghost: A Ruby gem to manage local hostnames in Unix-based operating systems.
- CreateJS: A suite of modular libraries to create rich interactive content.
- CocoaPods: A dependency manager for Objective-C projects.
- Dark Patterns: A repository of dark patterns — UIs to trick users.
- Paratrooper: A Ruby gem for creating deployment Rake tasks for Heroku.
- Sublime Text 2 Ruby Tests: Sublime Text 2 plugin for running Ruby tests.
- gitignore.io: Tool for creating useful .gitignore files for your Git repositories.
- Laravel: PHP framework.
- ActiveModel::Serializers: Ruby gem to build JSON APIs through serializer objects.
- Parse: Scalable backend to power your mobile and desktop apps.
- T-Shirt Mockup Template: T-shirt mockup templates by United Pixelworkers.
- Sendy: A self hosted email newsletter application (PHP/MySQL) sent via Amazon SES.
- BLOKK Font: A font for mock-ups for clients who do not understand latin.
- SodaStream: Appliance to make soda at home (various flavours).
- Windows of New York: A weekly illustration of unique windows in New York City.
- Swatch you doing?: Build colour swatches by moving your mouse.
- Sass Media Queries: Media query mixins for Sass.
- iPhone 5 Charging Dock Pro: Charging dock for iPhone 5 by Just Dock It.
- RESS.io: Responsive design with server side components.
- Redacted Font: Distraction free font for your wireframes.
- Koken: CMS for photographers. Built with PHP/MySQL.
- DIY: Do it yourself (DIY) community for children (and parents + educators).
- heroku-buildpack-markdown: Run a static web site on Heroku from Markdown files.
- Dev Tees: T-shirts for people who build the web.
- edX: Online classes and MOOCs from the world’s best universities.
- Moves: Mobile app that records your walking, cycling, and running.
- Happy Monday Podcast: A web design industry podcast hosted by Sarah Parmenter and Josh Long.
- Pictonic.co: Custom built icon fonts. Commercial.
- Language Icon: An initiative to standardise the language selection icon.
- OpenWeb Icons: Icon collection of some open communities, standards and projects.
- Kiwi: App.net client for OS X.
- Genericons: A free, GPL, flexible icon font for blogs. By Automattic.
- PageSlide: jQuery plugin which slides a webpage over to reveal an additional pane.
- Vigil: Website-monitoring app for the iPhone.
- Rouge: A Ruby syntax highlighter with support for over 60 languages.
- RetinaCapture: App for taking screenshots at 1x and 2x resolutions on Retina Macs.
This is a personal site. Commercial solicitations for links in the Monthly Mentions section will be ignored. Please don't waste your time (and mine). Thank you.