— web developer / entrepreneur from
— a web app to manage employee work schedules and time off.
- Tesla Powerwall: A home battery that charges from solar panels or when utility rates are low.
- Friends Chat: Chat app like Slack except P2P, offline friendly and open source.
- restifydb: Expose your databases as REST web services.
- HTML Arrows: HTML symbol codes and entities.
- smartflower POP: All-in-one solar panels/system.
- Leesa: Another online mattress manufacturer and retailer.
- Brooklinen: Bed sheets and comforters without the middlemen.
- Sass Burger: A Sass mixin for creating hamburger icons.
- Font Library: Open source project to organize Google Fonts.
- Redacted: Mac app to hide sensitive details of an image.
- Plein air à la carte: Travel guide for outdoor activities in Quebec.
- BaliseQc: The reference for hiking in Quebec.
- Clean Ride Mapper: Informing cyclists on Air Quality in Montreal.
- Ember Hearth: Mac application to manage and run Ember projects.
- Helium: A floating browser window for OS X — to watch media while you work.
- C.H.I.P.: A $9 computer with 1GHz processor, 512MB RAM, 4GB storage, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Otium SoftRack: Foam-based car rack for hauling gear on your roof.
- Tapiriik: Sync your fitness activities between various apps.
- Ledger: A command-line accounting system.
- The American Longbow: Beautiful handmade longbow from Best Made Company.
- Grid by Example: Examples of the CSS Grid Layout Module. By Rachel Andrew.
- One Sweet App: iPhone app to discover how much sugar is in the foods you eat.
- Lily: Camera drone that you simply throw in the air to start shooting.
- TripMode: OS X app that controls which apps have access to your Internet connection.
- Justice.js: Embeddable script for displaying web page performance metrics.
- Bone.io: A lightweight framework for building realtime HTML5 apps using websockets.
- Nuts.com: Bulk & wholesale nuts, dried fruits, etc.
- acl9: A role-based authorization gem with a concise DSL for securing Rails apps.
- wego: A weather client for the terminal.
- Hullo Pillow: Organic & All-natural buckwheat pillow.
- ReadRemaining.js: jQuery plugin that approximates how long to read any text.
- Keating Woodworks: Beautiful handmade furniture by Geoffrey Keating.
- ScrollWatch: Add dynamic interaction based on scroll position.
- Shuffle: Disposable phone numbers and email aliases.
- Mark Boardman Illustration: Great illustrations by Mark Boardman.
- Oru Kayak: Origami foldable kayak.
- Lotus: An object-oriented web framework for Ruby.
- Thousand Helmets: Nice looking bicycle helmets.
- Yandex.Browser: New browser focused on privacy by Russia’s most popular search engine, Yandex.
- Anyenv: Version manager — like rbenv — but for anything.
- wrk: A command line HTTP benchmarking tool.
- The Web Developer's SEO Cheat Sheet 3.0: PDF with up-to-date information on SEO.
- Whois: A pure Ruby Whois client and parser.
- Viewport.js: Reports the viewport scrolling position relative to sections.
- Torba: A Ruby asset manager for Sprockets.
- Solved by Flexbox: Showcases various layouts using Flexbox.
- Spina: Open source CMS for Ruby on Rails.
- Saw & Mitre Frame Co.: Great frames for your photographs.
- Fruixi: Montreal mobile market for fruits & vegetables.
- Bexar Goods Co.: Makers of durable leather bags and accessories.
- Airdesk: Rent desk space by the hour without reservations.
- cssnext: A CSS transpiler to use the latest CSS syntax today.
- Rocket.Chat: Open source chat platform. Developed with Meteor.
- ruby-patterns: Examples of patterns in Ruby.
- Secrets of the Browser Developer Tools: Information about the developer tools in modern browsers.
- Ajax-Include: Load snippets of HTML after the critical path.
This is a personal site. Commercial solicitations for links in the Monthly Mentions section will be ignored. Please don't waste your time (and mine). Thank you.