— web developer / entrepreneur from
— a web app to manage employee work schedules and time off.
- Read Ruby: A free book about the Ruby programming language.
- tlk.io: A simple web chat. No invite or signup necessary.
- Les Stations de Métro de Montréal: A photographic essay about Montreal’s Metro stations by Brendan Leigh.
- MatchStick: TV streaming stick built on Firefox OS.
- The Port Canvas Company: Manufacturer of canvas tote and duffel bags. Based in Maine.
- Apple Activation Lock: Check Activation Lock status of an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Mocaroni: An online web API prototyping and collaboration tool. By Hashrocket.
- Inspeqtor: Application infrastructure monitoring. Built by Mike Perham, creator of Sidekiq.
- Ghost: An open source blogging platform and paid service with a Markdown-based editor.
- Terms of Service; Didn't Read: A user rights initiative to rate and label website terms & privacy policies.
- faye-websocket: Build standards-compliant WebSocket clients and servers in Ruby.
- ipinfo.io: Displays information about your IP address. Includes a JSON API.
- Bugsnag: SaaS for error monitoring. Detect and diagnose crashes in your applications.
- Strip: A responsive lightbox that slides out to only partially cover the viewport.
- Customer.io: Platform for sending targeted messages to your users.
- Omniref: Search engine for Ruby.
- Delighted: SaaS to to gather actionable feedback from your customers.
- Floodwatch: A Chrome extension that tracks the ads you see as you browse the internet.
- sprint.ly: SaaS for managing software development projects.
- Plastc Card: Multi-use credit card that can store credit, debit, gift, loyalty, membership, etc.
- pagePiling.js: Page scrolling effect that piles your sections one over another.
- Startup Open House: Yearly event to visit participating startups in your city.
- Final: A new credit card with unique and/or disposable numbers for every purchase.
- Product Hunt: A place for product-loving enthusiasts to rate the best new products in various categories.
- Primer: Marketing lessons that teach you how to promote your business and get more customers. By Google.
- Nth-Test: Interactive tool to test CSS selectors nth-child and nth-of-type.
- Iconogen: Tool to generate favicons, apple-touch-icons and Windows 8 Tiles.
- Optimizely: SaaS for A/B testing.
- window.fetch polyfill: Polyfill for the standard Fetch specification.
- Anonabox: Device that routes all your network traffic over Tor.
- Canva: An online platform to make graphic design simple for everyone. Also include an iPad app.
- Sprockets::MediaQueryCombiner: Combines all matching media queries while compiling your assets in Rails.
- html5.org: The Web Platform: A directory of web APIs and their current status.
- The Grid: Web publishing platform that builds websites powered by AI.
- I2P: An anonymous overlay network too protect communication over the Internet.
- LewsNetter: Email marketing application using AWS SES. Based on Ruby on Rails.
- ENVied: Ruby gem to ensure presence and type of your app’s ENV-variables.
- WorkingHours: A Ruby gem that does time calculations with working hours.
- SHAAAAAAAAAAAAA: Check your site for weak SHA-1 certificates.
- Serial: Serial podcast that follows one true story over the course of a whole season.
- OnePlus One: Premium Android smartphone starting at US$299 unlocked.
- Material Design Icons by Google: The official open-source icons featured in the Google Material Design specification.
- SimpleCov: A code coverage analysis tool for Ruby.
- BAnQ and Wikimedia collaborate: Project to upload public domain images from the Conrad Poirier collection.
- OMG Transit: Real-time transit information about buses, trains, car-shares and bike-shares.
- Findery: Annotate places in the real world, leave notes tagged to a specific geographic location.
- searchcode: A source code search engine.
- SVGO: A Node.js-based tool for optimizing SVG vector graphics files.
- RethinkDB: A distributed database built to store JSON documents.
- The League of Extraordinary Packages: Repository of solid, well tested PHP packages using modern coding standards.
- Scotch Box: A Vagrant LAMP stack.
- Apple Maps Connect: Self-service portal to add or edit local business listings.
- scrollReveal.js: Easily reveal elements as they enter the viewport.
- Bureau de la ville intelligente et numérique de la Ville de Montréal: Strategy site to help make Montréal become a world leader among smart and digital cities.
- Docker: An open platform for developers and sysadmins to build, ship, and run distributed applications.
- Payola: Drop-in Rails engine for accepting payments with Stripe. Built by Pete Keen.
- Raptor: Ruby app server built for performance and visibility.
- LingoHub: SaaS for developers to manage translations. Includes free-tier for small organizations.
- Agendize: SaaS for customer service and engagement tools to turn online traffic into business.
- Midnight.js: A jQuery plugin that switches the design of fixed content as you scroll.
- Fake Person: Ruby gem to generate fake person data.
- EditorConfig: Helps developers maintain consistent coding styles between text editors.
- FrootVPN: Free VPN service with servers based in Sweden. Advertised on Pirate Bay homepage.
- iOS Devices for Sketch.app: Vector images of Apple iOS devices for Sketch.app.
- RubyCodeSearch: Search and browse Ruby gems source code.
- Seconds, Please?: Service that sells your second-hand items in the Montreal area for a 30% commission.
- Readly: Magazine subscription service for smartphones and tablets. Headquartered in Sweden.
- Wealthsimple: Canadian robo advisor investment service. Based in Toronto.
- AllTheFreeStock.com: Directory of free stock images, videos and icons.
- ngrok: Secure tunnels to expose local servers to the Internet.
- LevelDB: A fast key-value storage library written by Google.
- Researchers.io: Directory of resources related to user & customer experience research.
- Montréal Startups List: Directory of Montréal-based startups.
- Buckets: An open source CMS built on Node.js and MongoDB.
- Todo.txt: A human and machine-readable text file with accompanying apps.
- Superstatic: Static web server for HTML5 applications. Built to power Divshot.
- TomDoc for Ruby: A machine-readable code documentation specification.
- Metro Mtl: Framed prints of all 68 Montreal metro stations.
- Pop Chart Lab: Prints and housewares depicting infographical treatments of pop culture.
- Wave: SaaS for small businesses including accounting, invoicing, payroll, etc. Based in Toronto.
- Semantic Versioning: Software versioning specification.
This is a personal site. Commercial solicitations for links in the Monthly Mentions section will be ignored. Please don't waste your time (and mine). Thank you.