— web developer / entrepreneur from
— a web app to manage employee work schedules and time off.
- PlaceIt: Place your product screenshots in realistic photos of various devices.
- Mac Keyboard Shortcuts: Mac keyboard shortcuts for many special characters.
- Xero: Online SaaS accounting software for small businesses.
- StifleStand: Hide the
Newsstand folder inside another folder on iOS.
- Textual IRC Client: Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client for OS X.
- Privacy Icons: A Mozilla project to create a visual lexicon for privacy practices.
- wireframe.cc: An online tool for creating wireframes of websites and mobile apps.
- Start-Up Chile: A Chilean government program startups.
- Tinypass: SaaS ecommerce platform for selling content online.
- Heath Ceramics: Beautiful pottery maker based in Sausalito, California.
- Foundation: A responsive front-end development framework.
- The Ultimate Guide on Business Incorporation in Canada: Article about how to incorporate a business in Canada. By Shopify.
- Icon Slate: Icon management app for OS X. Recommended by John Gruber.
- Susy: Responsive grids library for Sass.
- Rack Gauges: Rack middleware to insert the Gauges tracking code.
- Tor Browser: A self-contained browser running Tor.
- QLMarkdown: QuickLook generator for Markdown files.
- Réseau Libre: Projet pour bâtir un réseau sans fil communautaire à Montréal.
- Tweetregs: Twitter/Tweetbot regular expressions to reduce irritations.
- minitest-display: Patches MiniTest for easily configurable output.
- ReadQuick: iOS app for speed reading.
- CleanMyMac: OS X utility for keeping cleaning your Mac.
- Handsome: Digital studio based in Austin, TX; supposedly coming to Montreal.
- ZinoUI: jQuery based, WAI-ARIA compatible, user interface framework.
- LayerVault: Storage, version control, and collaboration for designers.
- Locale: Localization service for Rails apps.
- Google Hotel Finder: Google search for hotels.
- DismissibleHelpers: Ruby gem to add dismissible help text to your application. By Dockyard.
- National Geographic — Travel 365: Explore the world, one travel photo a day.
- Mule Radio Syndicate: Podcast network about design and culture.
- 5by5: Podcasting network, founded by Dan Benjamin.
- HTML5 Shiv: Enables use of new HTML5 elements in legacy MSIE. By Paul Irish.
- RubyFlux: A Ruby to Java compiler for running on any JVM without a runtime.
- WTF with Marc Maron Podcast: Podcast by comic Marc Maron.
- Cloudinary: Image management services for cloud-based applications.
- X-Icon Editor: An HTML5 application to create/edit favicons.
- Unfinished Business: A weekly podcast by Andy Clarke and Anna Debenham.
- Napkin: OS X image markup app to annotate images.
- Wikivoyage: Free worldwide travel guide; a Wikimedia project.
- clssy: Local classes on any subject. Located in Old Montreal.
- Microfiche.js: A carousel library focused on performance, simplicity and touch.
- Method & Craft: Articles and stories about graphic design + designers.
- Sprintly: SaaS that improves relationship between development teams and management.
- Mailbox: Free mail client developed by Orchestra, Inc.
- The CSS3 Test: Tests CSS3 features that the browser recognizes.
- Browserscope: A community-driven project for profiling web browsers.
- Mega: Secure cloud storage service by Kim Dotcom.
- Starting + Sustaining: Book & materials to help build a SaaS application.
- Feeder: RSS and Atom feed reader extension for Chrome.
- jQuery.parallax: jQuery plugin for creating interactive parallax effect.
- CloudClip: Sync your clipboard between your Mac and your iOS devices.
- Higher Order Heroku: Articles about developing on the Heroku platform.
- Sublime Text 2 Git Plugin: Plugin for some git integration into sublime text 2.
- Sublime Text 2 Guard Plugin: Plugin that integrates Guard into the Sublime Text 2 editor.
- freethroww: Top freebies (templates, PSDs, etc) on dribbble.
- Ruby Geocoder: Ruby gem for geocoding.
- The Brief: A once-a-day dispatch of technology news via email, Twitter, or RSS.
- Open Source Rails: Gallery of open source Ruby on Rails applications.
- MailChimp Annual Report 2012: Statistics about the MailChimp email service for 2012.
- Form Follows Function: A collection of interactive HTML5 experiences.
- Cross Browser Testing: Cross browser test your website in dozens of browsers.
- Selenium: Automates web browsers across many platforms for testing purposes.
- Typecast: Prototyping/font testing tool for creating readable content.
- Zigg.be: Turns any link or bit of text into a short link, last up to 7 days.
- Hola: Service for secure browsing through a community powered VPN.
- SecureHeaders: Ruby gem that automatically injects security related headers.
- Vine: Share short looping videos (max 6 seconds). Acquired by Twitter.
- Hack Design: Receive a design lesson in your inbox each week.
- Heroku HealthCheck: Heroku CLI plugin that returns overview of your app’s health.
- Asepsis: Utility that manages the creation of
- MongodbLogger: A logger for Ruby apps that logs all requests into MongoDB.
- Neptune Pine: The first standalone, full-featured smartwatch.
- sprSimple Invoice: A responsive and easy to use static invoice template.
- Courier Prime: Improved monospaced font for screenplays.
- iOctocat: GitHub app for iOS.
- Flightradar24: A flight tracking service with real-time aircraft info.
- Bower Components: Directory of Bower packages.
- 2013 CIRA Factbook: The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) Factbook for 2013.
- Paperman: Great animation short by Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- modern.IE: Free tools & resources for testing Internet Explorer. By Microsoft.
This is a personal site. Commercial solicitations for links in the Monthly Mentions section will be ignored. Please don't waste your time. Thank you.